- Our weight plate molds are thicker...stronger...beefier.
- A deeper mold design makes it easier to get accurate weight on your finished product.
- Our Caveman molds are made from durable ABS plastic and can be reused again and again.
- Centering Rings are designed to fit 2” or 1” PVC sleeves.
- This mold is designed to hold 35 pounds of concrete. To ensure accurate product weight, mix extra concrete and pour it level with the top of your mold. You may also measure out the desired weight of concrete by using a bathroom scale.
- Included In Your Purchase:
- One (1) 35lb Olympic Weight Plate Mold (mold ONLY)
- Product Dimensions:
- 35lb weight plate mold= 15.625” x 2.5”
- Items Needed to Complete Your Project:
- PVC Sleeve
- Concrete Reinforcement (Wire, Rebar, or Shredded Fiber)
- Mixing Container
- Hot Glue Gun w/ Glue Sticks
- Concrete Premix
*For convenience, add our Make More Weights Kit (Large) to save yourself time tracking down materials.
INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS
- Place the weight plate mold on a FLAT and LEVEL surface.
- Use hot glue to attach the 2” plastic sleeve to the center of the mold. Position over dimple in center of the mold.
- Mix together concrete and water. Do NOT use Quick-dry Concrete.
- Pour the concrete into the mold. Spread evenly and remove any concrete from the plastic sleeve in the center.
- Add metal reinforcement into middle of your concrete pour.
- Twist weight plate mold back and forth to remove any air bubbles. This will also level the concrete and make certain the weight is distributed evenly throughout your weight.
- Demold after 24-48 hours. For easier removal, spray the inside of your mold with cooking spray prior to pouring concrete.
- Your Caveman Weight is now ready to use!
Make certain to add steel reinforcement to your weights! If your weight cracks, the steel will help to keep it together.
- Your concrete should be the consistency of “mashed potatoes” when pouring into the molds. Adding additional water makes the concrete flow better, but it makes the concrete weaker and less durable.
- Make certain to pour your concrete level with the top of the mold. This will ensure an accurate weight with your finished project. You may also measure out the correct weight of concrete with a bathroom scale.
- Use hot, soapy water to clean your molds for reuse. Denatured alcohol or Isopropyl will remove hot glue.
- You may paint your Caveman Weights after 5 days. Coating with bedliner or Flex Seal will make your cement weights more rugged and increase durability.
Follow us on Instagram @cavemanweights for more tips and design ideas.